Terms and Conditions
Papers will be presented in oral or poster (electronic poster) form in NLHC 2023 - National Lung Health Congress. Abstracts should be prepared in Turkish. Presentations of these papers will be made in Turkish.
When submitting the paper, the authors' choice of presentation (oral or printed poster) and which sub-area of the lung health specialty should be stated. The Proceeding Committee has the right to accept or reject the paper according to the content of the study and the number of applications and to change the format and subspecialty of the presentation if it accepts it.
Case reports will NOT be accepted as oral presentations.
The conditions for accepting the submitted papers as presentations are as follows:
- Abstracts for the congress will be accepted only through the online system on this website. Abstracts sent by e-mail or mail will NOT be accepted.
- You should fill in all fields required in the abstract form. Especially after submitting your abstract, please make sure to enter your E-MAIL address correctly so that you can access the passwords required for editing. Communication with authors, including acceptance letters, will be conducted through this channel.
- The study should NOT be presented before any national meeting. It should NOT be published in a national/international journal.
- The space reserved for writing papers in the system is limited to 300 words, excluding title and author name.
- The title of the paper should not exceed 12 words and should fully reflect the content of the study.
- The name, surname, title, institution, and city of the authors should be clearly indicated with the title. However, there should not be any sentence in the abstract to introduce the institution or researchers. Expressions translated into Turkish should be preferred.
- If the author, who is the first name in the manuscript and submits the manuscript, has left the institution he/she has completed by doing the work, he/she should indicate the institution he/she has been working as the institution and the new institution as the correspondence address.
- If you send more than one abstract, you must send these abstracts under the same account.
- The typeface used for sending papers is standardized by the system for all papers, and it is not possible to use different characters. Pay attention to this so that your abstract is not incomplete and does not register incorrectly.
- The papers presented at the congress will be evaluated separately for the awards to be determined. The studies that are required to be evaluated for the paper awards (candidates for the awards) MUST be specified.
- Studies receiving any project support or other research support should be specified.
- Disclosure if the researchers have any financial connection. Otherwise, this should be stated.
- Abstracts should include the following sections as standard, and the contents of each section should be written on the online abstract registration page.
- The author, who will present the paper in poster presentations, should be at the beginning of the paper at the specified day and time and should present the paper and discuss it by presenting the paper to the paper evaluation committee.
- Ethical committee approvals and compliance with the laws of our country will be required in clinical trials.
- Introduction - Purpose
- Materials and Methods
Sections should take place.
- In case reports, the aim should be to share our experiences and raise awareness about rare and rare cases. Abstracts that do not serve this purpose and do not conform to the structured format will not be accepted.
- Papers that are still in progress and whose results have not been received yet and do not include the abovementioned sections will NEVER be considered.
- Acceptance of papers is made as a result of referee evaluations.
- In order for the accepted papers to be published in the congress proceedings book, the registration of the congressman must be completed and presented at the congress. Otherwise, the papers not presented in the proceedings will be removed.
- In case presentations, abstracts containing only full information about the patient, which are thought to contribute to the literature, which may affect patient management, will be accepted and presented as BUT POSTER. Poster presentations should include visual information as much as possible.
- Our congress is planned as a national congress in accordance with academic incentive and associate professorship applications, and if full texts of speeches are sent in scientific meetings and oral presentations to be presented at our congress, they will be published as full-text online proceedings book after the congress.
- THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT IS JANUARY 10, 2023, AT 23.59.
In case of acceptance, the author or the first author MUST submit the congress registration.
Our congress participants, who will make oral presentations at the congress, should deliver their presentations to the control room at least one day before the presentation days specified in the program. Presentations must be prepared with Microsoft Office 2000 or higher software. All kinds of technical equipment (slides, projectors, computers, video, etc.) will be available in the meeting rooms. For oral presentations, the duration (presentation and discussion) for each presentation is 10 minutes. This period must NOT be exceeded. Visual (picture or video) and auditory material can be used during the oral presentation.
Oral presentations will be presented on site at the congress center, and those that are not presented in the relevant hall on the day and time of the session will not be included in the final proceedings book.
Electronic Poster Presentation:
- Have your poster file (text, tables, and figures only in Word or Powerpoint format) ready to fit on a page on your computer.
- Log in to the system with the username and password you used to submit an abstract before on the congress abstract submission page. Click on the "e-poster Upload Panel" link at the bottom right. Click on the "Add poster" button at the top, enter the information, select your poster saved as PDF on your computer with the "Select File" button, and complete the process by clicking save. Again, in this area, you can update your e-poster when you see it necessary.
- During the congress, your poster will be displayed alternately on computers with an electronic poster player.
In accordance with the applications for associate professorship, our congress is planned as an international congress, and if the oral presentations to be presented in our congress and full texts of the speeches in scientific meetings are sent, it will be published as a full-text online proceedings book after the congress. Full texts of poster presentations will not be accepted.
Full texts; After the UASK 2023 congress is completed, it must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2023.
Full texts should be prepared in Word format and should not exceed a maximum of 4 pages. Tables and images can be used as desired. (For oral presentations; Title, Authors, Turkish and/or English abstract, Introduction-Purpose, Materials and Method, Findings, Discussion-Conclusion-Sections.)